Choosing the right window cleaning company can be confusing and everybody knows it. You must check different prices, insurance policies, secret clauses and so on and so on.
So we have made it easier for you and made this extremely helpful guide on how to choose a window cleaning company by yourself.
How to Choose a Window Cleaning Company Website
Needless to say, there is a mountain of websites to choose from when you start looking for the right company. This also makes it a lot easier for frauds to take advantage of you. The best way to protect yourself is to get educated.
- Search for websites with more than one page. If there is a website that offers services and has only one page, it’s most possibly a fraud.
- Find websites with easy navigation. Cluttered websites and websites with difficult readability might be owned by a legitimate company, but in general this is a symptom of bad advertising and irresponsible promotion. Also, it’s possible the company has shut down and they just left the website hanging. You don’t need to waste time on this.
- Pay attention to websites that offer multiple contact availability. A responsible window cleaning company will make it possible for their customers to get in touch in various ways. If someone only offers a phone and nothing else, they lack professionalism. For example, Fantastic Window Cleaners offers contacts by phone, email, booking form and chat feature.
- Note if they have social media pages. These days, it’s impossible to run a business without at least one social media page. The icons give a sense of security. Also, you can follow the company’s work on social media and make sure they are a good option.
- Check the website on mobile. Since the number of people browsing the internet on phones increases, most professional companies make sure their website is easily reached on a mobile device. If the website is comfortable to use on your phone, this is the company you need.
How to Choose a Window Cleaning Company
Once you set your eyes on at least a few professional looking websites, it’s time to search for the most valuable information. This will narrow the circle for you.
- See if they offer insurance. The first thing look at is this – no self respecting window cleaner would miss mentioning this on their website.
- Notice if they list benefits. A company that invested in a good informative website, knows that the most important point potential clients look at, is benefits. They will list all their best points. If there aren’t any benefits visible, you can move on to the next website.
- Do they offer satisfaction guarantee? If the company is professional, they are not afraid to list this in their benefits.
- Are there other services? Some companies might offer other services except window cleaning. This type would list a menu with separate pages with a description of each service.
- Is there a lot of information? The more detailed the information, the better. Not only information how they do the service, but also prices for orientation, payment options, deals and discounts, coverage area, possible blog, etc. Every professional knows transparency is key. Pros have nothing to hide.
- Are there pictures? Pros are not afraid to show a picture of their work on their website.
- Are there testimonials? Pros are not afraid to boast a little.
What Questions to Ask a Window Cleaner
Finally, you should have been left with a few professional and responsible looking companies. Now is the right time to get in touch with a representative and talk about your specific case in order to be sure they can offer you a customised service.
Here are the 5 most important questions to ask.
Q: Are you going to clean only the glass, or the frames and sills as well?
A: Some cleaners clean all of it, some don’t and will charge extra. It is important to know that in advance. Most companies who use water-fed pole systems, like us, include them in the price. So if you see a price which is suspiciously low, ask them if it includes those elements in the cleaning as well.
Q: Will you be able to reach all the windows from outside, or do you need to clean some of them from the inside?
A: We don’t need to explain how inconvenient it could be if they must clean them from the inside. Someone must be home to let the cleaner in and that’s not practical. This mostly happens if you have hard to reach windows on the second/third floor and the cleaner must use a ladder to reach them.
Q: Will you remove adhesive substances/stubborn marks?
A: Some might not carry the necessary tools, others could charge extra. So if you’ve spotted a bad mark on some window and you’re not sure, ask in advance.
Q: Is this the final price or will VAT be added?
A: Some companies might held that information back and suddenly your bill is 20% higher. It’s not correct but technically it’s not against the law. Also ask if there might be any extra charges. With, the free quote you receive is always the full price, but there are others that might charge extra for long distance of the address or other hidden stuff.
Q: Are you using water-fed poles or ladders?
A: This might actually be the most important question. If they are using water-fed poles, they most probably will clean the frames and sills and will easily reach every window, with no need to come inside.
In the process, you might have even more questions, don’t hesitate to ask them everything. You can also evaluate the way the call centre representative works with you. And, this is how to choose a window cleaner. We wish you luck in your search.